24 August, 2009

Painted Letters Tutorial

I'm back from my supprise mid-week trip and I have a fun tutorial to share with you guys. I was browsing the craft section at my local walmart a while back and found wooden letters and couldn't resist spelling out my name. I grabed up the first four letters of my name and proceeded to take them back with me to my dorm. I thought they would be very useful in helping to identify my side of the dorm. I picked my roomate up some letters too as a welcome gift. After I moved into my apatment I painted mine red to match the work section in my room. Now whenever I'm giving gifts to my college friends, I try to throw some letters (that spell out their names) painted in their favorite color.

This would be a very simple yet enjoyable project to do with the kiddies as well. Enjoy Crafty Habit on this lovely Monday!


What you'll need:
  • Wooden Letters

  • Acrylic Paint (color of your choice)

  • Foam Brush

  • Tiny container/plastic plate

Instructions:

  1. Obtain raw/unpainted letters from your local craft store

2. Pour acrylic pain into your container and dip the tip of the foam brush into the paint.

3. Proceed to paint the wooden letters in smooth even strokes following the grain lines of the wood.



4. After applying the first coat of paint let is dry completely and then apply a second coat. There all done. Now hang them wherever you please!






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. We love seeing projects like this. If you or your readers need a source for wooden letters be sure to check us out at CustomWoodenLetters.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Crafty Habit! I love to hear from you :)

Page Numbers

Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For Bloggers Free Backlinks